XlsxWriter is a Python module for creating Excel XLSX files. That means, the module will work with Excel 2007 and later. And unlike some other Python libraries and modules such as xlwings and win32com that only work on Windows, XlsxWriter is compatible with both Mac OS and Linux.
Some of the advantages of XlsxWriter
- Very popular among Mac and Linux users.
- Well-maintained and documented.
- Supports pretty much all Excel features.
- A great alternative of Visual Basic for Application (VBA)
- Open-Source (enough said) .
Some of the disadvantages of XlsxWriter
- Cannot read or modify existing Excel XLSX files.
Install XlsxWriter library
pip install XlsxWriter
Linux & OS
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-xlsxwriter
Your first script