In this Python tutorial, I will walk you thorugh how to build a geocode converter desktop app from scratch using Python.
I will be using PyQt5 framework to build the GUI, and Google Maps API to perform the address to geocode and geocode to address conversion. If you have never worked with Google Maps API in Python before, please check out my video “Getting Started with Google Maps APIs in Python (https://youtu.be/HChq5_7yTGk).
Things we will be learning
- How to build a complete desktop app from scratch using PyQt5 framework.
- How to build simple classes to organize different functions.
- How to apply CSS Style Sheets to your PyQt app.
Python libraries we will need:
- Google Maps Python client library:
pip install googlemaps
- PyQt5 framework:
pip install PyQt5
- Client Secret file in JSON fomat.
Check out Kite (free AI Coding Assistant) → Link
- Getting Started with Google Maps APIs in Python
- Getting Started with Google Geocoding API Tutorial In Python